First Debt by Pepper Winters

Series: Indebted Series #2
Blurb:
“You say I’ll never own you. If I win—you willingly give me that right. You sign not only the debt agreement, but another—one that makes me your master until your last breath is taken. You do that, and I’ll give you this.”
Nila Weaver’s family is indebted. Stolen, taken, and bound not by monsters but by an agreement written over six hundred years ago, she has no way out.
She belongs to Jethro as much as she denies it.
Jethro Hawk’s patience is running out. His inheritance gift tests, challenges, and surprises him—and not in good ways. He hasn’t leashed her but he thinks he might’ve found a way to bind her forever.
Debts are mounting. Payment waiting.
My Review:
WOW! I loved this book! I couldn't put it down! I finished it in 1 day! I love this couple! 
"I should've known then that it was the beginning of the end. I should've guessed how badly she would ruin me. But all I could manage was dumbstruck desire. I stared into the eyes of a worthy opponent. I stared at Nila Weaver with awe."~Jethro
Jethro is fighting with himself. He can't be cool near Nila. She tests him, provokes him and they always fight. Nila paid her first debt. It wasn't easy for her, she suffered a lot. But it wasn't easy for Jethro either. He didn't want to do this either, but he didn't have a choice. 
Nila and Jethro have chemistry, they want each other, they can't deny it. I couldn't wait to read their first sex scene! That scene was fantastic. After the sex everything changed. Nila wanted to seduce Jethro but she started to feel. And Jethro started to feel too, but he knew it was not right. He couldn't care about Nila, because at the end he had to kill her. 
"In the short time I'd known her, she'd succesfully made me feel something I had no fucking right to feel."~Jethro
"I'd known her only briefly, yet she'd demanded more of me than any other woman ever had"~Jethro 
After the first sex, they wanted more. I loved reading about their passionate sex scenes. It was a fight between them. And when Jethro called her Nila.... *sigh*
"What just happened can never happen again. If it does, they'll see the truth, and I won't have any power to keep you." ~Jethro
Jethro is a complex character. There's something that he tries to hide, but something is wrong with him, he has to go to some kind of sessions. What does it mean? We don't know yet. I loved to read Jethro's POV, how he fought with  himself. We could see he was human too.
"I'd barricaded emotions from my life, so why did the mere hin of an argument with Nila completely undo everything I'd tried so hard to fix?"~Jethro 
"For the first time, I acknowledged it. Not with hatred or fear or frustration-just accepted that Nila Weaver was a force I couldn't control, she had a power over me."~Jethro 
Jethro knows that this  between Nila and him can't happen again, because if it does they are in danger...
"You've destroyed me, Nila. And now it's my job to make sure they don't destroy you, too."~Jethro
"Every kiss, every touch-I was sentencing her to worse than any debt she could repay."~Jethro
"We would keep on ruining each other. We would keep on desecrating debts and wovs. And we would keep on fucking up our future until nothing but horror remained."~Jethro 

Véleményem:
WOW! Szerettem ezt a könyvet! Nem tudtam letenni! Egy nap alatt kiolvastam! Szeretem ezt a párost!
Jethro harcol önmagavál. nem tud hűvös lenni Nila mellett. Nila teszteli, provokálja őt, folyton veszekednek, harcolnak. Nila megfizette az első adósságot. Nem volt könnyű neki, sokat szenvedett. De nem volt könnyű Jethronak sem, ő sem akarta mindezt, de nem volt más választása.
Nila és Jethro között izzik a levegő, akarják egymást, ezt nem tagadhatják. Alig vártam, hogy olvashassam az első szexjelenetüket! Az a jelenet fantasztikus volt! De a szex után minden megváltozott. Nila el akarta csábítani Jethrot, de közben elkezdett érezni valamit iránta. És Jethro is elkezdett érzelmeket táplálni Nila iránt, ami tudta, hogy nem helyes, mert nem törődhet vele, nem válhat fontossá számára, mert végül meg kell majd ölnie.
Az első szex után többet akartak, szerettem olvasni a szenvedélyes szexjeleneteiket! A szex is harc volt kettejük között. És amikor Jethro Nilának szólította... *sóhaj*
Jethro összetett karakter. Van valami amit titkolni akar, van valami baj vele, emiatt valamiféle ülésekre jár. Hogy ez mit jelent? Még nem tudjuk. Szerettem olvasni Jethro szemszögét, ahogy harcolt önmagával. Így láthatjuk, hogy ő is emberi.
Jethro tudja, hogy ami Nila és közte történt  nem fordulhat elő még egyszer, mert ha előfordulna akkor mindketten veszélyben lennének...

Book trailer:


0 Megjegyzések