BREAKING POINT by J. B. Baker

Blurb:

I want her, I always get what I want. Only this time it will be for good!!! 

Sean 
She’s more beautiful than ever. She nearly broke down the walls of my mental fortress two years ago when we slept together. I can still taste her sweetness on my lips. It had been so difficult to walk out on her and yet I had to. 
I thought I would never see her again, but I couldn’t stay away. Rachel is like a drug and I’m hooked. Her breaking point is where I’ll take her! 
Fate is inexorable and our destinies are entwined; the day we meet again we will be bond together. I know that now, and I will do all it takes to get her. 
Rachel 
It’s him again, the man who impacted my life once already; the experience was not a good one despite the searing hot passion. 
He’s super intelligent, insanely gorgeous with beryl green eyes and richer than Croesus. 
And now my company is on the brink and I have no choice but to seek out this sinful billionaire in an attempt to save everything I worked so hard for. 
Will I succumb to his devilish charms once more… Never; I despise the man with a vengeance. 
And Yet… 
He claimed me once before and took me past my breaking point – there was no way back from that, and to this day, I think that there never will be 



My Review:
I don't know what to write about this book. I can't say that it's bad, but I have problems with it. 
First what I liked about the book that the hero, Sean was a billionaire and finally he wasn't twenty something! He was 40 years old. And I liked this. Rachel was 31 years old (same as me), not a silly twenty years old virgin.
The book was written in alternate point of view. And I love to read both of the character's thoughts, but I couldn't feel their situation, their feelings weren't believable for me. 
I liked the storyline. It was a second chance romance. I liked how they met again.
BUT I think the whole book was too short. There were little conversations in the book. The inner monologes were too much for me, and because of this I couldn't imagine the characters, their feelings. I think this book would have been better if the story was more elaborate. However the writing, the author's style was good.
So sorry, it's just 3* from me...😞
⭐⭐⭐

Véleményem:
Nem is tudom mit írjak erről a könyvről. Nem volt rossz, de nem az én könyvem volt, volt vele egy jó pár problémám.
Először is, ami tetszett a könyvben, hogy a főhősünk Sean egy olyan milliárdos volt, aki végre nem huszon egynehány éves volt! Ő már egy 40 éves pasi. És ez tetszett. Rachel pedig 31 (mint én), nem egy butuska, naiv húszéves szűz leányka.
Ami pozitívum volt még számomra, hogy váltakozó nézőpontból íródott a könyv, szeretem mindkét szereplő gondolatait olvasni, de most valahogy nem tudtam beleélni magam a helyzetükbe, nem igazán voltak valódiak, hihetőek számomra az érzéseik.
Tetszett a történet, bejönnek a második esélyről szóló történetek, tetszett, ahogy újra találkoztak.
DE úgy gondolom, hogy a könyv nagyon de nagyon rövidre sikeredett. Kevés párbeszéd volt a könyvben, viszont számomra nagyon sok volt a szereplők belső monológja, nem is éreztem át a helyzetüket, azt, hogy mit érezhetnek. Mondjuk a szexjelenetek jó részletesek voltak az biztos! Szerintem ez a könyv sokkal jobb lett volna, ha a történetet az írónő jobban kidolgozza, részletesebben ír egyes jelenetekről, és nem a szereplők gondolataiból ismernénk meg sok múltbeli esemény summás változatát. Mindezek ellenére az írónő stílusa jó volt.
De a fentiek miatt tőlem csak 3 csillagot kap a könyv.

0 Megjegyzések