MIDNIGHT BLUE by L. J. Shen ~ BlogTour

SBPR-BT-BANNER.jpg

Midnight Blue, an all-new sexy standalone from LJ Shen is available NOW!

LJSMidnightBlueBookCover6x9_BW_324
Midnight Blue
Author: LJ Shen
Release Date: January 18th

It should have been easy.
I needed the money. He needed a babysitter to keep him from snorting himself to death.
I was cherry-picked especially for him. Responsible. Optimistic. Warm. Innocent.
The worst part is that I should have known better.
Alex Winslow. British rock star. Serial heartbreaker. Casanova with whiskey eyes.
“Don’t get near the devil in a leather jacket. He’ll chew you up and spit you out.”
Sounds familiar? That’s because it was a headline in a tabloid the second time he got arrested.
Guess what? I didn’t listen.
I signed the contract.
World tour. Three months. Four Continents. One hundred shows.
My name is Indigo Bellamy, and I sold my soul to a tattooed god.
Problem was, my soul wasn’t enough for Alex Winslow. He ended up taking my body, too.
Then he took my heart.
Then he took my all.

Excerpt:
Nat’s words came back and haunted me like a bad haircut from the eighties. An irrational need to check the goods took over me. It wasn’t like he minded. According to the rumors, his dick had seen more cameras than Kendall Jenner. Slowly—so painfully slowly—my eyes drifted down his sinewy body. I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Whatever I had in mind, though, didn’t come close to the real thing. Thick, long but not atrocious. With thin veins running through its length. “Nice view?” he groaned, tucking his junk back into his briefs. His profile was glorious. Strong jaw, pouty lips, eyes like sex… My eyes snapped up when I realized he was talking to me. “I wasn’t…” “Looking? Yes, you were. Next time take a picture. It lasts longer.” He rolled his zipper upward and flushed the toilet with the toe of his boot. He turned around and squirted soap into his palm, washing his hands almost violently—rubbing between each finger and scratching his knuckles like he wanted to shed his own skin. When he was done, he looked around for a towel. I cleared my throat, scrambling to regain my wits. “Longer than the glimpse or longer than your performance?” Casually—so unbearably casually—he wiped his wet hands over my purple dress. I gasped, moving sideways. It looked like he was about to open the door and get out, but before I had the chance to yell at him for using me as a human towel, he slammed me against the wall, bracing both his arms above my head and pinning me to my spot. I let out a shriek of surprise at the sudden proximity. Alex Winslow is touching me. Willingly, my surprisingly pitiful brain squealed. Heat rolled off his body, making my back arch and my breath catch in my throat. “Let’s make one thing clear—I could fuck you to a point of numbness without even breaking a sweat if I wanted to. Now, careful, New Girl. If you don’t keep your distance from me, I think I just might.”
MidnightBlue-AN

My Review:
I think the cover is perfect! I love it! 😍And I loved the book too! 😉
All true meanings are hidden. Life is full of secrets, and narrow-minded people, and sugar-coated, empty conversations that hold no weight. What's real is what's inside us. What's important is what we feel.
I liked Indigo, she was a unique woman with blue hair and particular dresses. She became the big rock star's 'babysitter'. When she met with Alex she didn't want to jump into his bed. She could resist him because of her family, she needed the money. And Alex wasn't really nice to her in the beginning. I loved that she wasn't shy, she stood up for herself and found out how she could work beside the addict, hot, asshole Alex. 
My Alex. My little prince. My fallen star in the dark, dark skies.
Alex was a famous rockstar, but he was famous not just because of his music, but because he made some mistakes, he was an addict. His character was so well-written, I could totally envision him as a real rockstar with all his problems. He hated crowd, papparazzi, but he loved music and his fans. 
I wanted to take her like a drug. All at once, in one gulp. I wanted to overdose on her like cocaine, and heroin, and crack, knowing the destruction I was willingly inhailing into my body. Because Indie, like drugs, was a temporary fix. (...) deep down, I knew a bastard like me couldn't keep her.
The story was written in alternate point of view which was perfect. We could understand them more. I loved to read how the big badass star started to feel and started to realise his feeelings for Indie. 
This is our tour. Our album. Our soul.
I didn't expect him to be patient and thoughtful, I thought he would jump into bed with Indie as soon as he can. I loved that he waited 💓
I loved that both Indie and Alex had complex characters. Indie was vulnerable because of her past and family, but she was a tough woman too. Alex had a shitty childhood, and his family was awful, but he could become famous, he was talented and smart. Unfortunatelly he had enough of the fame, he became tired of it, this is why he started using drugs and alcohol.
My soul is empty, because I whored it out.

That's the thing about broken princes. Not all of them have to die. If their soul is whol, they sometimes survive. Sometimes, they even grow up to be kings. Mine did. 
I loved the book! 5* Everyone should read it, who love rockstar romance!  
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Véleményem:
Szerintem a borító tökéletes, nagyon bejön! És a könyvet is szerettem! 😉
Megkedveltem Indigo-t, ő nem egy nem mindennapi csaj kék hajjal és különleges általa készített ruhákkal. Ő lett a nagy roksztár bébiszittere. Mikor találkoztak nem akart egyből ágyba bújni vele, mert fontosabb volt neki a munka, a pénz, hogy segíthessen a családjának. És igazából Alex sem volt valami kedves hozzá az elején. De tetszett, hogy nem volt félénk, hanem kiállt magáért, kezelni tudta Alex-et és megtanulta hogyan tud együtt élni egy függő, seggfej rocksztárral.
Alex híres rocksztár volt, de nem csak a zenéje miatt volt híres, hanem mert elkövetett néhány hibát, és mert drogfüggő volt.
A karaktere nagyon jól lett megírva, teljesen el tudtam képzelni, hogy ő egy valódi rocksztár, a sztárság minden nehézségével, problémájával. Nem szerette a tömeget, a lesifotósokat, de szerette a rajongóit és a zenét. 
A történet kettős nézőpontból íródott, ami tökéletes volt, mert így jobban megérthettük a szereplőket, az érzelmeiket. Nagyon jó volt olvasni, hogy a nagy kemény rocksztár elkezd érezni, és rájön, hogy komoly érzelmeket táplál Indie iránt.
Nem vártam Alextől, hogy türelmes és figyelmes lesz mikor Indievel való szexről volt szó, de nem bújt egyből ágyba vele amint tudott. Imádtam ezért. 💓
Nagyon tetszett, hogy mindkettejüknek összetett karaktere volt. Indie sebezhető volt a múltja és családja miatt, de egy kemény csaj volt. Alexnek elég rossz gyerekkora volt, a családja pedig szörnyű, de ő tehetséges és értelmes volt, így tudott híres lenni. Sajnos azonban belefáradt a sztárságba, elege lett belőle, ezért is fordult a drogok és alkohol felé.
Szerettem a könyvet! 5* Ajánlom a könyvet azoknak akik szeretik a rocksztárokról szóló szerelmi történeteket!

Read Today!
(Free in Kindle Unlimited)
Amazon Universal: http://mybook.to/MidnightBlue
Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2lIShL2

About LJ Shen:
L.J. Shen is an International #1 best-selling author of Contemporary Romance and New Adult novels. She lives in Northern California with her husband, young son and chubby cat. Before she’d settled down, L.J. (who thinks referring to herself in the third person is really silly, by the way) traveled the world, and collected friends from all across the globe. Friends who’d be happy to report that she is a rubbish companion, always forgets peoples’ birthdays and never sends Christmas cards. She enjoys the simple things in life, like spending time with her family and friends, reading, HBO, Netflix and internet-stalking Stephen James. She reads between three to five books a week and firmly believes Crocs shoes and mullets should be outlawed.
LJShen
Connect with LJ Shen:
Stay up to date with LJ Shen by signing up for her mailing list:

0 Megjegyzések