RUIN / Egyetlen by Rachel Van Dyken

Series: Ruin #1
Blurb:
I'm not your typical girl. I've been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that depression has become my only comfort. I was content in the darkness… until Wes Michals offered to be my light.
I didn't know that time wasn't my ally – that every second that ticked past was one step closer to the end of something that was beginning to mean the end of myself. He tried to warn me. He promised me all he was able to offer--each moment as it came--but it would never be enough.
Sometimes when you think it's the end, it's only the beginning. Wes thought he could save me, but in giving me everything, he ruined me. Because after one kiss, one touch, I couldn't--I wouldn't ever be the same.
And from that moment on, his heartbeat became my own.

My Review:
OMG! This book ruined me! 
Sometimes when we think God  has written The End, what he really means is The Beginning.
Sometimes I was laughing, the other times I was crying. This wasn't a lighthearted story. It was about cancer, death, and fighting with cancer. It was an emotional story. 
Living is hard-dying is easy. You close your eyes and never open them up again. What's so difficult about that? Nothing really-except it hurt like hell to those you leave behind.
This book had emotional depth, and was funny too.
Wes 💓💓💓 I loved him from the first page. He was a star in college, the star quarterback, sexy as hell, smart and funny. He had cancer, he was fighting. But he was so full of life, he was so alive.
Time is going by way too fast-my body can feel it, my soul hates it, and my heart is breaking every damn day.
He met Kiersten. An innocent freshman with red hair.😊 They became friends. What I loved about this book, how Wes wanted to help Kiersten with her problems. She had a hard life, she went through a lot. I loved him because of this, how he made her live, made her open up. 
The truly weak people in this life are the ones who can't admit they need help. (...) By asking for help, by taking help, you've just admitted your weakness and in that, you find your strength.
You can let your fears control you, or you can control your fears. Never for one second believe the lie that you don't have a choice. 
(...) sometimes it takes going through hell to reach your heaven 
The ones that stay behind, the ones that fight alongside you, those are the brave ones. 
It's amazing how love can change someone's life. Wes was living, or trying to live a full life. He wanted to be normal despite his illness. He accepted his illnes, his future. But when he started to feel more than friendship, when he started to fall in love with Kiersten, he changed. He really wanted to live, he wanted a life with her. I was so nervous because I didn't know if he make it or not. I was happy that I could read Wes' POV too. Because I could understand what he felt. 
Time was the most precious thing in the world to me, and I'd just given her all of it. Because I was falling for her. Because I cared for her. Because I wanted to give her something to remember me by, even if it would eventually fade like its namesake. Time... what an absolute horror-including word.
Whenever I am, whatever I'm doing, alive or dead, young or old, my heart will always be with yours. 
She's my medicine, my cure, my everything.
This book broke my heart. I loved it, I needed to read it! This is a beautiful heart-breaking love story. You don't know when love finds you, sometimes it comes when you don't count on it.  It's a 5* read for me! I LOVED it! I loved the characters, the story, the writing. 
Can't wait to read the other books in the series.

 Véleményem:
Úr Isten! Ez a könyv teljesen tönkretett! Egyszer nevettem, máskor meg sírtam mikor olvastam. Nem egy egyszerű, könnyed olvasmányról van szó. A rákról, a rákkal szembeni harcról, halálról szól. Érzelmekkel teli történet.
Mindamellett, hogy mély érzelmeket vált ki az olvasóból és van mondanivalója még vicces is.
Wes 💓💓💓 Imádtam már az első oldaltól. Egy híresség, egy sztár a fősulin, egy sztár focista, aki szexi, értelmes és vicces. Sajnos rákos, de ennek ellenére tele van élettel. Nem mondanád meg róla, hogy beteg.
Találkozott Kierstennel, egy ártatlan elsőévessel, vörös hajjal.😊 Ez mindent megváltoztatott számára. Barátok lettek. Amiért imádtam a könyvet, az az ahogy Wes segíteni akart Kierstennek, akinek elég nehéz élete volt, sok rossz dolgon ment keresztül. Emiatt is szerettem West, ahogyan kimozdította Kierstent a vackából, ahogy megnyílt miatta.
Csodálatos, ahogy a szerelem megváltoztathatja az ember életét. Wes próbált normális, teljes életet élni, és elfogadta a betegségét, elfogadta azt hogy mit tartogat számára a jövő. De amikor elkezdett barátságnál többet érezni, amikor beleszeretett Kierstenbe, többet akart. Harcolni akart egy közös jövőért vele. Mikor olvastam izgultam, mert nem tudtam, hogy túléli e vagy sem. Nagyon jó volt hogy Wes nézőpontjából is olvashattam a történetet, mert így jobban átélhettem, hogy min mehet át, hogy mit érezhet. 
Ez a könyv összetörte a szívem. Imádtam, el kellett hogy olvassam! Ez egy gyönyörű, szívszorító történet. Soha nem tudhatod, mikor talál rád a szerelem, lehet akkor, amikor nem is számítasz rá. Szóval számomra ez egy 5* történet. Imádtam minden sorát, a szereplőket, a történetet, a stílust. Alig várom hogy olvashassam a sorozat többi részét!
A könyv Magyarországon is megjelent  Egyetlen címmel az Athenaeum kiadó gondozásában. Azt kell mondjam, hogy többször találkoztam már a magyar kiadással, de valahogy a borító miatt nem támadt kedvem ahhoz, hogy elolvassam. A magyar borító nem tetszik. Nem illik a könyvhöz. Bevallom akárhányszor megláttam a borítót, egy könnyed nyári ifjúsági regényre asszociáltam, pedig ez nem az, sokkal mélyebb, komolyabb történet. Aki emiatt nem vette meg eddig a könyvet, annak üzenem nyugodtan vegyétek meg, mert nagyon jó könyv!


0 Megjegyzések