RUCKUS by L. J. Shen

Series: Sinners of Saint #2
Blurb:
Rosie
They say that life is a beautiful lie and death a painful truth. They're right. 
No one has ever made me feel more alive than the guy who serves as a constant reminder that my clock is ticking. 
He is my forbidden, shiny apple. The striking fallacy to my blunt, raw, truth. 

He is also my sister's ex-boyfriend. 
One thing you should know before you judge me; 
I saw him first. I craved him first. I loved him first. 
Eleven years later, he waltzes into my life, demanding a second chance. 
Dean Cole wants to be my bronze horseman. 
But my clock is ticking. See, I’m not like the rest. I have an illness. 
Sometimes I conquer it. 
Sometimes it conquers me. 
My white knight has finally arrived. 
Hopefully, he isn’t too late.
My Review:
Love is not perfect. Life is not perfect. Yet, they're both extremely beautiful things you should treasure every day.
I have mixed feelings about this book. I liked it, but I expected something different. I think Dean isn't an asshole. He was an arrogant manwhore, but he was young and goodloking. What I didn't like the weed and the alcohol, but finally I could understand the reason behind them. When I read about the past, about his relationship with Emilia and Rosie I became confused. I read Vicious, but I remembered/thought about the past otherwise. I had a little problem with his feelings. If he loved Rosie so much why was he with Emilia, what did he do for 11 years, why didn't he do something?
I liked Rosie. She was strong despite her illness. I totally understood her, why she wanted to live alone, far away from her parents, why she didn't want marriage and kids.
The only power people have over you is the amount you give them.
I liked that Dean wanted Rosie despite her illness. He wanted her knowing they didn't have as much time as more couple. 
Because she wasn't a fucking illness. She was a person I made plans with.
"It's not my fault you fell in love with a dying girl"  "It's not my fault you made it fucking impossible not to."
I liked the new, older Dean.
I don't want to make you forget. I want to make you remember. And I'm about to, Rosie. (...) I'm about to rewrite the pages of our fucking history, baby.
 Love felt like dipping each other in gasoline and burning together. Love felt like dancing with madness in the dark, watching all of its bright lights. Love felt like gasping for air when your lungs already full.
This book was good. There were some twists, some interesting storylines in the book, for example Dean's relationship with Nina.... Or the difficulties which came with Rosie's illness. 
I live for you. I breath for you. I will die for you. It. Has. always. Been. You.
So I liked it, but I loved Vicious more, and my absolute favorite L. J. Shen book is still Sparrow! 😊

Véleményem:
Vegyes érzések kavarognak bennem a könyvvel kapcsolatban. Tetszett, de valami másra számítottam. Szerintem Dean nem egy seggfej. Egy arrogáns pasi, akkor folyamatosan csajozik, de fiatal és tök jól néz ki, szóval ez nem meglepő. Viszont ami nem tetszett, az az hogy füvezett és  mondhatjuk úgy, hogy alkoholista volt, de később mindennek megtudtuk az okát, és így már érthetőbb volt a helyzet.
Amikor azokat a részeket olvastam, ahol feleleveníti a múltat, azt, hogy milyen volt a kapcsolata Emiliával és Rosieval, egy kicsit összezavarodtam. Olvastam az első könyvet (Vicious), de egy kicsit máshogy emlékeztem/máshogy gondoltam a dolgokat. Problémám volt Dean érzéseivel. Ha ennyire szerette Rosiet már akkor is akkor miért járt Emiliával? Miért várt 11 évet? Miért nem lépett? Miért nem próbálkozott?
Kedveltem Rosiet. Erős nő volt a betegsége ellenére. Teljesen megértem miért nem akart a szüleivel élni, miért akart a saját lábára állni. Azt is értettem miért nem akart házasságot és gyerekeket.
A felnőtt/idősebb új Deant kedveltem. Szeretettem, hogy akarta Rosiet a betegsége ellenére, még akkor is, ha tudja hogy valószínűleg kevesebb idejük van együtt mint más pároknak.
Szóval jó volt a könyv. Volt néhány érdekes fordulat, néhány izgalmas cselekményszál, például Dean kapcsolata Ninával... Vagy a nehézségek, amik együtt járnak Rosie betegségével.
Jó könyv volt de Vicious jobban tetszett, de az abszolút kedvenc az írónőtől a Sparrow!

0 Megjegyzések