AFTER WE FALL by Melanie Harlow

Blurb:
Jack ​Valentini isn’t my type.
Sexy, brooding cowboys are fine in the movies, but in real life, I prefer a suit and tie. Proper manners. A close shave.
Jack might be gorgeous, but he’s also scruffy, rugged, and rude. He wants nothing to do with a “rich city girl” like me, and he isn’t afraid to say so.
But I’ve got a PR job to do for his family’s farm, so he’s stuck with me and I’m stuck with him. His glares. His moods. His tight jeans. His muscles.
His huge, hard muscles.
Pretty soon there’s a whole different kind of tension between us, the kind that has me misbehaving in barns, trees, and pickup trucks. I’ve never done anything so out of character—but it feels too good to stop.
And the more I learn about the grieving ex-Army sergeant, the better I understand him. Losing his wife left him broken and bitter and blaming himself. He doesn’t think he deserves a second chance at happiness.
But he’s wrong.
I don’t need to be his first love. If only he’d let me be his last.

My Review:
“Second chances are not given to make things right, but are given to prove that we could be even better after we fall. ~Unknown” 
I LOVE JACK VALENTINI!!! 💓💖💗 Why? First: he is an ex-army sergeant, so strong and brave. Second: he is adorable with his nephew. Third: he is a sexy farmer/cowboy. I would love to read more about him! I couldn't put this book down! And I loved that the book was written in dual POVs.
Jack had a rough past. He was in the army, he saw awful things, he went through a lot. After he came home he went therapy. But the best therapy for him was Steph. He married her, but unfortunately he lost her. He couldn't move on, he lived in the past for three years. And then he met Margot...
Margot was so different from Jack. She was a 'spoiled' city-girl. But they had chemistry. Jack started to attract to a woman first after his wife's death. This was hard for both of them. Margot didn't know how to approach him. He was so moody and cold. But when she learnt what happened with him, she understood him. 
“Don’t spend your life worried about what people think of you, Margot. That kind of fear is like a cage—it will trap you forever if you’re not careful.” 
What I loved in the story, that Margot didn't push him, she didn't ask for promises. She understood him, and she was patient.
“You don’t have to let go of your past—it will always be part of who you are. But you don’t have to let it shackle you, or prevent you from moving on.” 
She wanted to be with him, she wanted to make him happy. I loved her, and I laughed a lot because of her. She was really a city-girl, and this was funny a lot of time.
This 'relationship' wasn't easy for Jack. because he felt that he betrayed Steph's memory. And I understood him. But he couldn't  help, he started to feel again, he felt alive.
“I know I can’t be your first love, but—” “Shh.” He put a finger over my lips. “I’m not looking for my first love. I’m looking for my last.” 
While I was reading the book I wanted to hug Jack so much, because of his loss, the sleepness nights, the nightmares.... I totally fell in love with him. He was perfect, when he didn't think so much into things. He was so lovable when he was with Margot. 
This is a beautiful, heartbreaking love story. It touched my heart 💓💓💓💓 Ohhh and the cover is soooo hot 🔥🔥🔥
And now this book is on my 'I need this book in paperback too' list. 😍

Véleményem:
SZERETEM JACK VALENTINIT!💓💖💗Hogy miért? Először is: szolgált a hadseregben, bátor és erős. Másodszor: imádnivaló az unokaöccsével. Harmadsorban: egy szexi farmer, egy szexi cowboy. Szeretnék még többet olvasni róla! Egyszerűen nem tudtam letenni a könyvet! És imádtam, hogy a könyv kettős nézőpontban íródott.
Elég kemény, nehéz múltja volt Jacknek. A hadseregben szolgált, háborúban harcolt, ahol szörnyű dolgokat látott, szörnyű dolgokon ment keresztül. Mikor hazatért terápiára járt, de a legjobb terápia számára Steph volt. Az első szerelme, akit feleségül is vett. De sajnos nem tartott sokáig a boldogságuk, mert Steph meghalt. Ennek már három éve, azóta Jack a múltban él, nem tudott továbblépni. De aztán találkozik Margot-val...
Margot teljesen más, mint Jack. Egy városi 'elkényeztetett' csaj. De van közöttük izzás, vonzódnak egymáshoz. Jack-el először fordul elő a felesége halála óta, hogy vonzódik valakihez. Mindkettejük nehéz helyzetben volt. Margot nem tudta hogyan közelítsen hozzá. Jack mindig távolságtartó és hűvös volt. Aztán Margot megtudta mi történt Jack-el, és megértette őt. Ami tetszett a történetben, hogy Margot nem erősködött, nem várt ígéreteket Jacktől. Megértette őt, és türelmes volt. Margot csak vele akart lenni, boldoggá akarta tenni. Nagyon megszerettem őt is, és sokat nevettem rajta, mert tényleg egy tipikus városi csaj volt, és sokszor vicces szituációba keveredett.
Jack számára sem volt könnyű ez a 'kapcsolat', mert úgy érezte, hogy elárulja, megcsalja Steph-et, elárulja az emlékét. Megértettem ezt is. De nem tehetett róla, újra elkezdett érezni, újra élni kezdett.
Mialatt olvastam a könyvet számtalan alkalommal meg akartam ölelni Jacket. A vesztesége miatt, az álmatlan éjszakái miatt, a rémálmok miatt. Totálisan beleszerettem. Annyira tökéletes volt, mikor nem gondolkodott túl sokat. Annyira szeretnivaló volt, amikor Margotval volt.
Ez egy gyönyörű szívszaggató szerelmi történet, ami megérintette a szívemet.💗💗💗
Éééés a borító.... 🔥🔥🔥
Most már ez a könyv is bekerült 'Ezt a könyvet a polcomra is akarom' csoportba. 😍



0 Megjegyzések