The Promise by Melody Grace~Book Tour



“Promise me one thing. Promise me you’ll live.”
Emotional.  Beautiful.  Love.
The Promise by Melody Grace is NOW AVAILABLE!!

Blurb

Claire Fortune arrives in Boston with an old notebook and her best friend’s dying wish – to finish the scribbled bucket list that Hope didn’t have time to complete. Moment by moment, Claire builds a life she never dreamed of – until Theo walks into the coffee-shop one crisp September afternoon, and her careful plans scatter on the winds.
Sometimes a chance meeting can change a life forever.
Sometimes fate knows exactly what we need.
Perfect for fans of ‘Me Before You’ and ‘The Fault in Our Stars’, ‘The Promise’ brings together two people searching for a love that can overcome tragedy. A heartbreakingly romantic novel that challenges us to live – and love - every day as if it were our last.


My Review:
It's my first book from the author. I've read a lot of books about this topic, about death, cancer, about losing somebody. I've a lot of favorite books about this topic, and this book didn't reach those levels.
It's a heart-breaking story but it didn't touch me spiritually like the others.
"Love made miracles possible every single day"
Hard to write a review about this book without spoilers.
Claire had a rough year. She lost her best friend because of the cancer. We become to know what happens with someone when she/he finds out she has cancer. What would you do? Would you agree to every possible treatment? Or would you live your life regardless the cancer? The choice is not easy. 
"(...) heartbreak comes in a thousand shades of blue."
We became to know what could happen with the parents whose child has cancer. What would you do if you found out that your kid had cancer? What would you want for your kid: a longer but possibly harder/more painful life or a shorter but happier life? As a mother I have to tell you that this choice isn't easy. 
"Love, only love, matters in the end"
This book shows all the difficult decisions what we should make on our children, our friends, and family, or what we should make for love.

Véleményem:
Ez volt az első könyvem az írónőtől. Sok könyvet olvastam már erről a témáról, a halálról, a rákról, valaki elvesztéséről. Sok kedvenc könyvem van ebben a témában, de ez a könyv nem éri el azok szintjét. Ez egy szívszorító történet, de nem érintett meg annyira, mint a többi hasonló könyv.
Nehéz spoiler-mentes értékelést írni a könyvről.
Clairenek nehéz élete volt, elvesztette legjobb barátját a rák miatt. megtudhatjuk a könyvből, mi történhet azzal aki megtudja, hogy rákja van. Te mit csinálnál? Beleegyeznél minden lehetséges kezelésbe? Vagy élnéd az életed tekintet nélkül a rákra? Nem egyszerű döntés.
Megtudhatjuk, milyen a szülőnek, ha megtudja, hogy gyereke rákos. Te mit tennél?  Mit akarnál a gyerekednek: egy hosszabb, de valószínűleg nehezebb, fájdalmasabb életet vagy egy rövidebb de boldogabb életet? Anyaként azt kell mondjam ez sem könnyű kérdés.
Ez a könyv megmutatja a sok nehéz döntést, amit meg kell hozni a gyerekünkért, barátainkért, családunkért, a szerelemért.
Author Information
Hi! I’m Melody Grace, author of the bestselling Beachwood Bay series. Some things about me:

1 I’m a small-town girl turned California beach lover.

2 I spent my childhood with my nose in a book before deciding to try and write one myself. I love all kinds of genres – from thrillers to YA and mystery – but romance has always been a passion of mine.

3 I love pistachio ice-cream, vanilla lattes, bad action movies, and Grey’s Anatomy (yes, I’m still watching… I can’t quit!).

4 I have an uncanny sense of direction. I once drove halfway across Canada without GPS or a map!

5 I have two adorable rascal cats named Bucky and Steve, I rescued them as kittens, and yes, I spoil them rotten.

6 I’m allergic to chocolate 🙁

7 I love sexy, heart-felt reads with strong heroines and swoon-worthy men. Why don’t you check out a couple of my books and meet your new book boyfriends?



0 Megjegyzések