S. C. Stephens: Untamed


Series: Thoughtless 5.
Blurb:
The spotlight doesn't only shine. Sometimes it burns.
Being the bad-boy bassist for the world's hottest band has earned Griffin Hancock some perks: a big house, a fast car, and most importantly his incredible wife, Anna. The one thing it hasn't brought him is the spotlight. Anna tells him to be patient, that his talent will win out. But Griffin is through waiting for permission to shine.
Without warning, Griffin makes a shocking decision and takes the gamble of a lifetime. Suddenly he's caught up in a new level of lights, cameras, and chaos. One that pushes his relationship with Anna to its limits. Anna has always found his unpredictable behavior sexy, but lately he's seen an ache in her eyes--and it has his soul in knots. Just as the recognition Griffin seeks is finally within reach, the thing he loves most in life could be slipping through his fingers... 

Review:
I have mixed feelings about this book. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't like the first four books. I love the series, I love Kellan Kyle's character (in this book too). I didn't like Griffin in the first four book, but I was curious about his story. So I bought this book.
Honestly in the beginning  I didn't like it, Griffin was too much, and I wanted to stop reading. But I'm happy I didn't do it! :) Griffin couldn't appreciate what he had, the fame, the money, the good life. He thought being in a band was fun, and not work. He wanted more. And partly  I could understand him, he wanted to get a chance, but he didn't do much for it. 
Then he moved on, wanted his own carrier, but he was so so stupid! It was like a comedy, but I was curious!
The other half of the book was good, actually I couldn't put it down. S. C. Stephens saved the story. Griffin grown up, and became a sympatetic guy, who work hard for what he want, and appreciate what he has. He found his life. He changed a lot! And now I have to tell you I like him! 
"When life shits on you, sometimes you have to be your own superhero."
" I never tell her I love her. (...)  Maybe the word was overused... but maybe that was because it was the only word that accurately described how important someone was. Nat saying it was like trying to pretend the sun didn't exist by staying indoors all the time-ridiculous and futile."
"You go after what you lost... even if you have to crawl through the mud to do it." 
I loved the Griffin-Gibson-Onnika scenes, he was a different guy with his children! And finally I loved the scenes with Anna, when Griffin opened up to her, and their relationship was not just about sex. 
And I loved the conclusion!!!
I can't believe it how I got from 'I stop reading' to 'I can't put it down'! :)



Véleményem:
Vegyes érzéseim voltak ezzel a könyvvel kapcsolatban. Nem volt rossz, de nem volt olyan jó, mint az első négy könyv. Szeretem a sorozatot, és szeretem Kellan Kyle karakterét (ebben a könyvben is). Az első négy könyvben nem szerettem Griffint, de kíváncsi voltam a történetére, ezért megvettem a könyvet.
Őszintén szólva, az elején nem szerettem a könyvet, Griffin túl sok volt nekem, és abba akartam hagyni az olvasást. De örülök, hogy nem tettem! :) Griffin nem tudta értékelni hogy milye van, a hírnevet, a pénzt, a jó és könnyű életet. Úgy gondolta, egy együttesben játszani nem munka, hanem szórakozás. Többet akart. És részben megértem, hogy kapni akart egy lehetőséget, de nem sokmindent tett érte.
Aztán továbblépett, saját karriert akart, de olyan hülye volt! Olyan volt, mintha egy vígjátékot olvasnék, de ennek ellenére kíváncsi voltam!
A könyv másik fele jó volt, tulajdonképpen, nem tudtam letenni. S. C. Stephens megmentette a történetet. Griffin felnőtt, megkomolyodott, és szimpatikus srác lett belőle, aki keményen dolgozik azért amit akar, és értékeli amilye van. Nagyon sokat változott, és azt kell mondjam, megkedveltem! 
Szerettem a Griffin-Gibson-Onnika jeleneteket, mert teljesen más ember a gyerekeivel, és ez tetszett. És végül tetszettek az Anna-Griffin jelnetek is, mikor már Griffin megnyílt Anna előtt, és nem csak szexről szólt a kapcsolatuk.
Imádtam a befejezést!!!
Nem is tudom, hogyan jutottam el a 'nem olvasom el' állapottól a 'nem tudom letenni' állapotig. :)

3 Megjegyzések

  1. Szia vèletlenül magyarul nincsen meg?règóta keresem de sehol nem talàlom

    VálaszTörlés
    Válaszok
    1. Szia!
      Azért nem találod magyarul, mert nem jelent meg itthon. Szerintem nem is fog, mert az Ulpius adta ki anno az első három részét a sorozatnak, és ugye csődbe ment... Szerintem nem sok esély van rá, hogy ez a könyv magyarul megjelenjen :(

      Törlés
  2. Szia az előző sorozata csak 3 részből áll?? Vagy van egy 4.-ik is, de az nem jött még ki?? Bocsi, hogy zavarlak a kérdéseimmel!

    VálaszTörlés